Attorney at Law, MBA
I began working at the firm in 2002, first as a receptionist, then paralegal, and now as an attorney. Prior to my employment with Shepherd and Allen, I worked in real estate and facilities management in Colorado. A Bellingham native, I graduated from Sehome High School.
After high school, I went on to the University of Colorado to ski competitively with the CU Freestyle Ski Team, receiving awards of Rookie of the Year and MVP. Competing at the highest national level, I participated multiple times in Junior Nationals, National Qualifiers and U.S. Ski Team Selections, as well as ski testing for Skiing Magazine.
When I stopped competing, I decided to go to Western Washington University, and obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with a minor in Anthropology. I then received a Master of Business Administration, with an emphasis in Project Management from City University of Seattle. I completed the Washington State Bar Association Rule 6 Law Clerk program; through my Rule 6 program, I was admitted to the Washington State Bar Association as a Rule 9 Licensed Legal Intern and sat for my bar exam in July 2016.
I am a member of the Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ), and active in community organizations, including LAW Advocates and Northwest Youth Services. I have served on the Board of Directors of the Whatcom Family and Community Network, including the position of past President.
In addition to my employment at Shepherd and Allen, I have been involved in teaching and lecturing. I was adjunct faculty at Bellingham Technical College in teaching and developing legal and business courses from 2011 – March 2017, and have been a guest lecturer at Whatcom Community College in their Paralegal program.
I also served as Faculty at the 2013 Washington State Bar Association Solo & Small Firm Annual Conference, presenting on the topic of technology in the courtroom. I enjoy spending time with my husband and three children, especially skiing and traveling as a family.
Admitted to Practice:
- Washington State Bar, 2016
Rule 6 Law Clerk Program, Washington State Bar Association, 2011 – 2015
MBA, Project Management, City University of Seattle, 2007
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Western Washington University, 2005, Minor – Anthropology
Lectures, Presentations and Faculty:
- Bellingham Technical College, Adjunct Faculty, 2011 – March 2017
- Whatcom Community College, Guest Lecturer
- WSBA Solo & Small Firm Annual Conference, 2013 Faculty
Professional Organizations and Licenses:
- American Bar Association – Member
- Washington State Bar Association – Member
- Whatcom County Bar Association – Member
- Washington State Association for Justice – Eagle Member
- Washington State Paralegal Association – Member
- Notary Public
- LAW Advocates, Volunteer
- Access ID, Founding Member, Board of Directors*
- Whatcom Family and Community Network, President*, Board of Directors*
- YWCA Women’s Back to Work Program, Volunteer*
Awards and Honors:
- University of Colorado Freestyle Ski Team, Rookie of the Year
- University of Colorado Freestyle Ski Team, MVP
- Junior Nationals, U.S. Team Selections for Freestyle Skiing
*Denotes past service