Bethany C. Allen
Attorney at Law
Both of my parents served in the United States Navy and as a result, my two younger brothers and I were raised all over the country. After living in many different places and never having a “hometown,” I am happy to call Bellingham home and raise my two boys here.
I first came to Bellingham to attend Western Washington University, where I graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Community Health and a minor in Sociology. While at Western, I coached Girls on the Run, volunteered as a Peer Health Educator and played competitive ultimate Frisbee on both collegiate and club teams.
After working in Bellingham for a year after my undergraduate studies, I attended Gonzaga University School of Law, where I graduated Cum Laude. While at Gonzaga, I volunteered for the Unemployment Law Project, representing clients in hearings and written appeals to obtain unemployment benefits.
I also interned for a Spokane County Superior Court Judge and had summer internships in Bellingham, at LAW Advocates and a local law firm. Additionally, I coached Gonzaga’s undergraduate women’s ultimate Frisbee team and served in student leadership for the Gonzaga Public Interest Law Project (GPILP).
I was admitted to the Washington State Bar in 2009. I joined the firm in 2012 after having worked at another local law firm for three years prior. I am grateful to work with such competent, ethical and passionate colleagues, all of whom work diligently to help our clients attain their justice.
I am a member of the Whatcom County Bar Association, Washington Women Lawyers (Whatcom County Chapter), and the Washington Association of Justice (WSAJ).
Outside of the practice of law, I enjoy spending time with my family, volunteering at my boys’ schools and volunteering for community groups, such as LAW Advocates. My family enjoys being outside and exploring the many wonders that the Pacific Northwest has to offer via camping, hiking, skiing and bike riding together. My hobbies include trail running, road biking, gardening and attempting to keep up with my two book club groups.
Admitted to Practice:
- Washington State Bar, 2009
- Washington State Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2010
- Washington State Bar Association
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member
- Washington Women Lawyers, Whatcom County Chapter, various board positions*
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2008
- Western Washington University, B.S., Cum Laude, 2004
- LAW Advocates, Volunteer and Kinship Clinic Staff Attorney
- Bellingham Youth Ultimate, Board Member/Volunteer
- Unemployment Law Project, Volunteer*
- AmeriCorps, Washington Conservation Corps., Crew Member*
- Civil Litigation
- Contract Reviews and Disputes
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Employment Law
- Family Law (Dissolution of Marriage/Domestic Partnership)
- Personal Injury
- Trial, Arbitration, Mediation
- Named a Rising Star by SuperLawyers for 2015
*Denotes past service