Hiring a personal injury attorney as your legal representative after you have been involved or injured in a car accident is among the most important decisions regarding that event.
The Benefits of Legal Representation
Even if you are fortunate enough to avoid sustaining any serious or long-lasting injuries, a personal injury attorney has the education, skill, and experience to level the legal playing field – especially when your opposing party is a larger insurer with a team of lawyers.
As your voice, advocate, and legal representative, your lawyer can –
- Assess/recreate the scene to determine the details/cause of the auto accident.
- Gather the appropriate documentation in support of your claim – this may include medical records, eyewitness statements, police reports, and more.
- Guide and advise you on how to best navigate the state’s shared-fault rules, which may impact your lawsuit’s outcome.
- Respond to the opposing party’s counsel’s correspondence and legal motions.
- Utilize the law to your benefit.
- Determine your available timeframe, which is defined by the relevant Statute of Limitations (time restrictions for filing a lawsuit). There are, however, certain situations that fall outside this legal time limit as a defined exception. An example of an exception is when the plaintiff is a minor.
And while these types of lawsuits rarely require a final courtroom showdown, just the filing of a legal action by a qualified auto accident attorney can play a valuable role in prepping the case or negotiating for a fair settlement or, if necessary, bringing the case to trial to advocate on your behalf and the facts.
An Auto Accident Attorney Helps Guide You to Your Best Possible Outcome
An auto accident or personal injury lawsuit can become complex, overwhelming, and time-consuming – which, even if you have the ability to manage this legal process, is the last thing you have the time and patience for after you have been involved in a car crash.
Choosing to allow an experienced attorney to handle this type of matter helps reduce the burden and stress a legal matter often creates. And, with less worry, you can focus your energy on recovering from any injuries sustained in the accident.